Lulu’s Vegan Apple Cashew Cookies
Great Recipe for Kids!
- 15 minutes
- 4 dozen
- Minimal: Washing food processor and cookie sheets
- 2 cups raw, organic rolled oats
- 4 cups raw cashews (preferably organic)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup date sugar or agave nectar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- small jar of unsweetened apple butter or natural jam
Grind oats and cashews together in a food processor until flour-like. Pour mixture into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, except apple butter. Mix well.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet. Take a spoon handle or your finger and make a small well in the center of each cookie. Place a dollop of apple butter in each cookie.
Bake for 15 minutes.
If you need help navigating through this website, have comments about this recipe, or a question for Lulu or staff, please contact us.